Lowery Creek Evenings Afield Registration
One evening per month, we set aside time for learning in the field from experts and each other, socializing with like-minded landowners, and seeing results of management methods on different properties. Our Evenings Afield have been very well-received, and every year we strive to broaden our audience. All are welcome to these free events.
- Thu, May 18Cates Family FarmMay 18, 2023, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PMCates Family Farm, 5992 County Hwy T, Spring Green, WI 53588, USARock layers deep underground have a big impact on water - both what we drink and what we see on the landscape. Learn the basics of Driftless Area geology and its relationship to springs and drinking water.
- Thu, Jun 08Taliesin's Phoebe Point TrailJun 08, 2023, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PMTaliesin's Phoebe Point Trail, 5481 County Rd C, Spring Green, WI 53588, USADo you own or manage a property that has woods or prairie that you would like to improve, but aren’t quite sure where to begin? We will walk you through the questions, process, and resources that will get you going in the right direction.
- Thu, Jul 20Cates Family FarmJul 20, 2023, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PMCates Family Farm, 5992 County Hwy T, Spring Green, WI 53588, USAWhether you are a producer or consumer of grass-fed beef, learn the "why and how" of raising, grazing, processing, and marketing grass-fed cows at the Cates Family Farm, recipient of a Leopold Conservation Award.
- Thu, Aug 10Twin Crix FarmAug 10, 2023, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PMTwin Crix Farm, 6679 WI-23, Spring Green, WI 53588, USABiological farming is an integrated farming system that employs natural biological processes to dramatically improve agricultural yields and reduce farm costs. Visit fields managed by the author of "The Biological Farmer," plus a variety of perennial crops including elderberries and blueberries.
- Thu, Sep 07Savanna InstituteSep 07, 2023, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PMSavanna Institute, 6172 Co Rd Z, Spring Green, WI 53588, USAAgroforestry integrates trees and shrubs into crop and animal farming systems. Learn about the many benefits of agroforestry and the basics of getting it started on your land by visiting the Savanna Institute's home farm.